Welcome to the Advanced Diagnostics Certification portal
WATCH Program Orientation here
Frequently asked questions
12 months from the start date.
Yes, provided we receive the request in writing which explains the extenuating circumstances why the applicant was unable to complete the certification in the allotted time period. A $50 processing fee will be charged at the time of extension acceptance.
Currently, the programming recommendation is to split up the time rather equally between language and literacy (~25 hours in language and ~25 in literacy).
Yes, in order to satisfy the course requirements a variation of the following coursework is required (samples of courses/not exhaustive/ subject to change):
- Appropriate selection of psychometrically sound standardized language and literacy instruments
- Clinical assessment of language disorders in speech-language pathology
- Clinical assessment of literacy for SLPs
- Standardized test application: strength and limitations interpretation
- Narrative/discourse assessment, interpretation,
- Assessment of phonological awareness
- Assessment of orthographic knowledge
- Assessment of reading fluency and comprehension
- Assessment of morphological competence
- Assessment and treatment of spelling
- Assessment of writing
Yes, some (but not all) of the courses will be counted toward the requirement Coursework will be reviewed and relevant courses will be counted.
That is not necessary. The 50 hours of coursework can be obtained from any relevant educational organization (e.g., ASHA, national associations, etc.), if not obtained through the CEU Smart Hub. If it is obtained from another organization, the following information is required to be listed for each taken language/literacy course as proof of coursework. Please note that there is a $100 processing fee to review coursework documentation.
- Organization name through which the course was taken
- Course Title
- Course Description
- Learning Objectives
- Number of hours/CEUs obtained
- Confirmation of successful completion (proof of completion/attendance)
Yes, maintenance requires a yearly completion of 10 hours of required language and literacy coursework. Courses can be accessed through the CEU Smart Hub or obtained through other organizations (a processing fee of $25 will apply for course review). The cost of yearly certification maintenance is a $50 processing fee.
If you have any further questions about the certification process or maintenance of the certificate please contact us at email@example.com